Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
Yield: 20 Cookies
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 20 chocolate kiss candies, unwrapped
- white sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a wooden spoon, beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Stir in the peanut butter until combined.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until the flour is no longer visible. Do not overmix.
- Cover and chill the dough for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball.
- Coat each dough ball into white sugar or sprinkles!
- Place the dough on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the tops begin to slightly crack.
- Remove cookies from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Gently press an unwrapped chocolate kiss into the top of the cookie. Allow to cool completely.