To achieve our vision of everyone having equitable access to healthy food, we are implementing a growth strategy that enhances our core mission while also expanding opportunities for innovation and collaboration.
Healthy Community, Healthy Food
This project will allow OFS to:
- Ensure more fresh, healthy food is available to our community food partners.
- Improve efficiency of our food distribution system.
- Enhance our focus on nutrition education, from the garden to the kitchen to the table.
- Increase collaboration and capture synergies, both internally and externally.
We hope you will consider being a part of this exciting and impactful project, which will enable Operation Food Search to succeed in our mission of healing hunger for as long as the need exists.
Interested in supporting the Healthy Food, Healthy Community Renovation Project?
Please contact Ellen Reed-Fox, Chief Development Officer, at 314-451-1950 or email@example.com.
ENHANCEMENTS THAT WILL ADVANCE OUR WORK
WAREHOUSE & PROGRAMS
Enhanced efficiency without compromising space or limiting growth
• We are more than doubling racking space, allowing us to expand other areas without sacrificing storage.
• Increased cold storage reduces our dependence on rental space and increases our capacity to store and distribute fresh food.
• Spaces will enhance Food is Medicine, MetroMarket, and the Summer/After-school Meals programs.
• Enclosed temperature-controlled spaces will allow us to maintain sanitary conditions for packing meals.
Gardens will provide new opportunities to grow produce indoors and outdoors at OFS while teaching kids and adults alike about garden-to-table eating.
A state-of-the-art teaching kitchen
• A teaching kitchen will provide space for interactive, hands-on classes for participants in our Food is Medicine, Community Nutrition, and Workplace Wellness programs.
The space will foster collaboration opportunities for OFS’s team and for the community building that comes from shared meals.
EXECUTIVE BOARD ROOM
A larger conference room will provide enhanced virtual capabilities for hybrid meetings.