What is a Third-Party Fundraising Event?
A third-party fundraiser is an event planned by an individual, group or organization to raise monetary donations to benefit Operation Food Search or one of its specific programs.
Hosting an Event to Benefit Operation Food Search
Many generous individuals and organizations spend their own time and money to organize fundraisers to benefit Operation Food Search. Whether it’s an independent business giving back, a casual trivia night or even a golf outing, these events significantly impact the OFS mission.
Hosting a Fundraiser
There are many creative events you can host. Some of the more successful events we’ve seen are:
We can provide some helpful tools such as:
- A letter of authorization to validate the authenticity of the fundraiser.
- Directions for the coordination of a check presentation after your fundraiser.
- A variety of logos with guidelines that you must follow.
- Helpful consideration for your fundraiser and event.
- Criteria for social media promotions from OFS accounts
There are some services we are unable to provide:
- Our sales tax exemption number
- Insurance or liability coverage
- Mailing lists of donors and vendors
- Branded stationery
- Funding or reimbursement of your expenses
- Publicity beyond acknowledgment on social media
- Guaranteed attendance of Operation Food Search staff