Roasted Red Bell Pepper Dip
Yield: 2-3 cups of dip
- 3 red bell peppers, rinsed and patted dried
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup loosely packed parsley or basil leaves
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- Cut the bell peppers into quarters, then remove the seeds and stem.
- Place the bell peppers on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and use your hands to coat them well.
- Roast the bell peppers until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Place the roasted bell peppers into a food processor or blender.
- Add the drained and rinsed beans, basil, cheese, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the food processor. Blend on high for 1 minute.
- Slowly drizzle in the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and blend until completely smooth.
- Serve with chips, pretzels, or fresh cut veggies!
- Refrigerate leftovers covered for up to 5 days.
- Try this recipe with yellow or orange bell peppers.
- Use white beans instead of garbanzo beans.
- Roast and blend a jalapeño with the bell peppers to add some heat to your dip!