Football season is in full swing, which brings along the weekly question of: “what should we eat while watching the game?” This is the perfect answer to that question! Whether you are hosting a football watch party or enjoying the game from home with your family, these veggie-loaded sheet pan nachos will satisfy all.
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1-pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 t cumin
- ½ t chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz tortilla chips
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheese
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1-2 medium bell peppers, diced
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- Optional toppings: salsa, sour cream, cilantro, avocado
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground meat and seasonings and cook until beef has browned, 5-7 minutes.
- Spread tortilla chips in a single layer onto prepared baking sheet. Top with ground meat mixture, black beans, corn, bell pepper, tomato, onion, jalapeno and cheese.
- Place in oven and bake until heated through and cheeses have melted, about 5-6 minutes.
- Serve immediately with optional toppings and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Southern Living.
-Katie Jackson, RDN, LD
Operation Food Search