Balsamic Glazed Chickpeas with Mustard Greens
- 10 ounces mustard greens
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 4-6 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Remove large stems from greens and discard. Tear leaves into bite sized pieces.
- In a deep pot or electric skillet sauté onions in a tablespoon or two of broth and cook until mostly pink, about 4 minutes.
- Add chopped garlic, red pepper, and another tablespoon of broth. Cook, stirring, for another minute.
- Add mustard greens and 2 tablespoons of broth. Cook until greens are wilted about 3-5 minutes. Stir in salt.
- Remove greens and onion from pan using slotted spoon to allow liquid to remain.
- In the pan with liquid, add balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar. Add chickpeas and cook, stirring, over medium heat until liquid is reduced to half.
- Spoon chickpeas over greens and drizzle the sauce on top.