- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 package dry yeast (1/4 oz.), or 2 1/4 teaspoons
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cup any veggies (like onion, pepper, zucchini)
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tbsp olive or canola oil
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Salt for seasoning
- 8 oz shredded low fat mozzarella
- In a large mixing bowl combine whole wheat flour with the yeast, and salt.
- Add water and oil.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
- Stir in all purpose flour. Form into a ball and put on a lightly floured surface. Knead dough and add more flour as needed so the dough is no longer sticky and becomes smooth and elastic (6-8 minutes total).
- Cover and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Sauté vegetables in oil if desired.
- Roll out dough on floured surface and place on baking sheet. Prick all over with a fork and bake for 10 minutes or until crust feels dry (par-bake).
- Remove from oven and increase temperature to 425°. Layer with sauce, cheese and vegetables. Return to oven and bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.
- Cool for 10 minutes, slice and serve.
|Amount of svgs||Serving size||Calories||Fat||Protein||Carbohydrate|
|15||1 slice||130||2 g||12 g||16 g|