- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 cups flour
- 1 egg beaten
- Course salt
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Combine yeast, water, sugar, and salt.
- Stir in flour; mix well.
- Put dough on a floured surface and knead until smooth. (To knead dough flatten it with your hands, fold the dough in quarters and then flatten again. Do this for about 5 minutes. Put flour on your hands and the work surface to keep the dough from sticking.)
- Roll the dough into 12 inch lengths, about 1/2 inch thick. Form the dough strips into different shapes: the “usual pretzel shape” (to make the pretzel shape, make a smile, pull up the ends and cross the “heart”), numbers, letters, etc.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush with egg or water. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
|Amount/svg||160||1 g||5 g||33 g|