- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tablespoons oil (olive or canola)
- 1 pound of chicken cut into cubes (boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts)
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 pound greens (collard, Swiss chard, or spinach) chopped (about 3 cups)
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (optional)
- In a large oven safe pan sauté onion and pepper in oil about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Mix in salsa and greens, cover pan cook about 15– 20 minutes or until chicken is at an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve over brown rice or any grain of your choice.
|Amount/svg||274||9 g||18 g||34 g (6 g fiber)|