- 3 small eggplant, cubed (peel if desired)
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 2 bell peppers cut into large cubes
- 4 fresh tomatoes, cubed or 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil plus 1/4 cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup fat free feta
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Toss eggplant with onion, bell peppers, tomatoes, 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on cookie sheet and roast for 20 minutes. Note: If using fresh tomatoes, you may either roast them or toss them into the salad raw when finished.
- Meanwhile, over low heat, sauté garlic and basil in 1/4 cup olive oil for about a minute to infuse garlic flavor into oil. When garlic is soft, take off heat and allow to cool.
- When vegetables are roasted, add to a large bowl and combine with garlic oil and remaining ingredients.
- Serve with pasta, bread or by itself.
|# of servings||Calories||Fat||Protein||Fiber||Carbohydrate|
|6 servings||250||18 g||5 g||10g||22 g|