- 4 Tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large heavy saucepan.
- Add onions and mushrooms and cook until tender but not browned.
- Add orzo and stir to coat.
- Add carrots, peas and broth.
- Bring to a boil and cook until orzo is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in Parmesan and cover.
- Let rest 5 to 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and season with salt and pepper.
|Amount of servings||Serving Size||Calories||Fat||Protein||Carbohydrate|
|8 servings||1/2 cup||217||17 g||3 g||15 g|