- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Bring a large sauce pan, 2/3 full with water, to a boil. Combine ricotta, flour, egg, and nutmeg. Mix well until dough forms. Adjust consistency as needed with more flour. (Ricotta varies in moisture content)
- Roll ricotta mixture into thin logs on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 1/2 inch pieces. Drop in boiling water. When they float count to 20 and remove with a slotted spoon. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add oil and minced garlic. Cook until lightly browned then add the gnocchi and cook until brown on both sides.
- Add spinach and tomatoes and season with salt and fresh lemon juice. Cook until spinach has begun to wilt.
|Amount of servings||Serving Size||Calories||Fat||Protein||Carbohydrate|
|4||1 cup||390||13 g||16 g||53 g|