- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups chopped onion, (about 2 medium onions)
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and bell pepper and sauté until beginning to soften.
- Stir in next 4 ingredients. Add water and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until quinoa is almost tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add beans and 1/4 cup cilantro; cook uncovered until heated through and liquid is fully absorbed.
- Transfer to bowl, sprinkle with remaining cilantro and cheese.
|Amount of servings||Serving Size||Calories||Fat||Carbohydrate(fiber)||Protein|
|6||3/4 cup||276||7 g||42 g