- 2 cans lima, navy or cannellini beans
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch collard greens, chopped coarsely with tough stems removed
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 pound (16 ounces) pasta, cooked according to package directions
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Put beans in a large saucepan with oil, garlic, carrot, 1 onion, oregano and red pepper flakes. Simmer 10 minutes until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate pan, sauté greens with other onion in oil until soft.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth and cook until greens are tender.
- Add bean mixture to greens, mix thoroughly, adding more broth if desired.
- Toss “greens and beans” with cooked pasta. Top with ground black pepper.
|Amount/svg||163||2 g||8 g||28 g|