- 1 pound assorted mushrooms
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion (1 very small)
- 3/4 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 box whole wheat pasta (cooked)
- Cut mushrooms into 1/2 to 3/4 inch pieces.
- Heat oil in large skillet over heat, add mushrooms. When they begin to brown (about 4 minutes) add onion and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add 1/4 cup of broth. Let the liquid absorb some, then add remaining broth. Stir until sauce is slightly thick.
- Serve over whole wheat pasta