- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 Tablespoon flour
- 2 1/2 cups skim milk
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 1/2 cups low-fat mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 cups broccoli, mushrooms or peas, cooked (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook macaroni until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Drain and set aside
- In a sauce pan, heat butter, add onions and cook until soft. Add flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add milk to flour mixture and stir over medium heat until sauce thickens.
- Mix bread crumbs with 1/2 cup of grated cheese
- Mix macaroni with the white sauce, remaining mozzarella, cottage cheese, and cooked vegetables of your choice. Put into 9×13 inch pan. Sprinkle the bread crumbs mixture on top.
- Bake until browned and bubbly (about 15-20 minutes)
|10||1/2 cup||310||3 g||20 g||50 g|