- 1 cup shredded zucchini (~1 medium zucchini)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus a few pinches
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 heaping Tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons tahini (Can substitute other nut butter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the zucchini in a bowl and toss with a few pinches of salt. Set in a colander for 15 minutes and let excess water drain.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flours, baking powder, brown sugar, poppy seeds and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk milk, lemon juice and tahini. Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients until blended. Add zucchini and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If making muffins, bake only 15-20 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.
|3/4 inch slice||158||3 g||4 g||31 g(2g fiber)|