- 1 pound kale, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring 2 cups of water and 1/4 teaspoon salt to boil in a large pot. Preheat oven to 425°.
- Add kale to boiling water and cook 5-6 minutes. When leaves are tender, drain.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic, sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add milk and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Let milk mixture simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Add kale to milk mixture, mixing thoroughly. Transfer to casserole dish.
- Combine the bread crumbs with remaining olive oil, season with salt and pepper and combine with cheese.
- Top the casserole with the bread and cheese mixture and place in oven for 15 minutes. Switch to broiler and broil until cheese and bread crumbs begin to brown. Remove from oven and serve.
|Amount of servings||Calories||Fat||Carbohydrate||Protein|
|4||209||8 g||25 g||11 g|