- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 2 Tablespoons tahini (sesame paste), optional
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3-5 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional additions:
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1 teaspoon herbs (oregano, basil, cilantro or parsley)
- Put everything in food processor or blender and begin to process. Add water as needed to produce a smooth puree.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
|8 (2 tbsp/svg)||122||6 g||4 g||13 g|