- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 cup flour (white or whole wheat)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- Butter or canola oil
- Heat griddle or large skillet over medium heat while preparing the batter.
- Beat milk, egg yolks and molasses together.
- In another bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon and cloves.
- In a third bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Stir together dry ingredients and milk-yolk mixture. Gently fold in beaten egg whites; they should remain somewhat distinct in the batter.
- Add small amount of butter or oil to skillet. When melted, add batter by the heaping tablespoon, making sure to include some of the egg whites in each spoonful. Cook until lightly browned on the bottom and flip. Pancake is done when other side in lightly browned. Continue with remaining batter adding more butter or oil as needed.
|Amount of servings||Serving Size||Calories||Fat||Protein||Carbohydrate|
|8||2 pancakes||180||4.5 g||6 g||29g|