- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fine yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp grated orange zest
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped shelled nuts (walnuts, pistachios, etc.)
- 1 cup chopped apricots, chopped dates, raisins, or other dried fruits
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lay parchment on baking sheet.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. In another large bowl, whisk together sugar and eggs with electric mixer for 3 minutes.
- Mix in orange and lemon zest then the flour mixture and beat until just blended. The dough should be soft and sticky.
- Stir in nuts and dried fruit until mix.
- Transfer mixture onto the baking sheet forming 2 round logs about 11in by 4in. Bake about 35 minutes or until golden brown or the inside is no longer soft.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Using a serrated knife cut log crosswise into 1/2 inch thick pieces. Arrange cut side down and bake for 10 minutes then flip them and bake for 8 minutes or when crisp.
|Amount of servings||Serving Size||Calories||Fat||Carbohydrate|