- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely chopped strawberries
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 slightly beaten egg white
- In a bowl, thoroughly stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the strawberries and one beaten egg and milk, stirring just until the dough clings together.
- Knead dough gently on lightly floured surface. Cut dough in half and roll to a 6” circle 1/2” thick. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet. Brush with egg white and bake 12 to 15 minutes.
|Amount/serving||170||7.5 g||3 g||23 g|