- 2 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 1.5 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tsp/cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 1/2 cup cooked shelled edamame
- 1.5 cups of frozen vegetable medley
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- Place frozen edamame in plenty of boiling water. Let boil for 5-10 minutes. Drain and let cool. Once cooled take a pod and starting at the top run your finger down the pod to push out all of the soy beans. continue until all are shelled.
- In a large skillet heat 1 tbsp of canola oil. Once hot add garlic, scallions, and frozen vegetable medley and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Next add the rice, corn, and edamame and stir until everything is cooked about another 3-5 minutes.
- Make a well in the center of the pan and add a half tbsp of canola oil and then add the egg. Cook until nearly scrambled and mix into the rice mixture.
- Add soy sauce and mix thoroughly. Serve hot!
* Soy beans or Edamame is a great source of protein and fiber and essential fatty acids. It is a great source of iron and folate and are full or vitamins and minerals.
|4||1/2 cup||224||9 g||7 g||31 g|