- 1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 leek, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green or red pepper, diced
- 3 – 15oz cans vegetable broth (about 6 cups)
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 3/4 cup canned or frozen corn
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup croutons or crackers (optional)
- Sauté celery, onion, leek, and garlic in a soup pot with oil until tender.
- Add pepper and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add potatoes and corn and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with scallions (crackers or croutons optional)
|Amount ofservings||Serving size||Calories||Fat||Protein||Carbohydrate|
|6||1 cup||147||3 g||3 g||30 g|