- 1 bunch kale (~3/4 pound), stalks removed, leaves thinly sliced
- 1 lemon juiced, or 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive or canola oil plus 1 Tbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons honey or brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup diced mango, pineapple or mandarin oranges (drained if canned or thawed if frozen)
- (Optional) 2 Tablespoons toasted sunflower seeds
- In a large serving bowl, add the kale , half of the lemon juice, 1 Tablespoon of the oil and salt. Massage until the kale starts to soften and wilt, 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining lemon juice with the honey and black pepper. Stream in the 1/4 cup of oil while whisking until a dressing forms. Taste adding salt and pepper if needed.
- Pour dressing over the kale and add the mango and sunflower seeds, if using. Toss and serve.
|Amount ofservings||Serving Size||Calories||Fat||Protein||Carbohydrate|
|4||1/2 cup||136||7 g||1 g||17g|