- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup jasmine, basmati, or brown rice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 slices fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups bok choy, broccoli, or cabbage
- 1 16oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a medium sauce pan over high heat, bring water and salt to a boil. Add the rice, cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until done, about 15-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch, and ginger. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil until sizzling. Add the carrots and celery and stir for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the bok choy and stir 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the soy mixture and chickpeas and bring to a boil. Simmer just until thickened and the vegetables are cooked. Sprinkle with the scallions and serve with the rice.
|Amount of servings||Servingsize||Calories||Fat||Protein||Carbohydrate|
|4||1 cup||316||9 g||8 g||52 g|