- 3 1/2 Tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup shredded cheese, Mexican blend or cheddar, divided
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt or fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup creamed corn
- 2 Tablespoons minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- Heat 1 1/2 Tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add finely chopped onion and sauté until soft and beginning to brown, stirring often.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 8x8x2-inch metal baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Whisk egg, 1/3 cup cheese, yogurt, creamed corn, and remaining 2 Tablespoons oil in a large bowl.
- Add flour mixture, stir to blend. Stir in jalapeno and caramelized onions.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup cheese blend over the top.
- Bake 35 minutes, until puffed and tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool and serve.
|1/9 of pan||141||5g||9g||11g(1 g fiber)|