- 2 quarts chicken parts (back, neck, bone)
- 16 cups (4 quarts) water
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 sprigs parsley or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Sauté chicken pieces with onion, carrot and celery in the bottom of a large soup pot (or roast chicken and vegetables for 20-30 minutes at 350°F getting all the scraps from the pan)
- When chicken pieces are vegetables are browned, add herbs and water. Bring to a boil then simmer for 2-3 hours. Skim foam from the top if you want a clear stock and add more water if stock evaporates.
- When stock is finished, pour through a strainer. Discard cooked pieces.
- Refrigerate stock and allow fat to float the top and harden. Remove the solid white fat from the top to “degrease” the stock.
|Amount of servings||Serving size||Calories||Fat||Protein||Carbohydrate|
|10||1 cup||9||0g||0 g||2 g|