- 1 whole chicken (or 2 cups leftover meat, diced)
- 12-14 cups chicken stock
- 2 stalks celery
- 3 carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup rice or pasta or 2 pounds potatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- If using uncooked chicken, sauté pieces in soup pot or skillet until golden brown. Add some water and allow to cook until meat comes off the bone.
- Allow meat to cool. When meat has cooked, pick the meat off the bone, chop. Freeze skin and bones for making stock another day.
- In a large pot, steam celery, carrots and onion (including potatoes if using them) in 1 cup broth. When softened, add garlic, parsley, stock and chicken pieces. Add rice or pasta once soup is boiling. Cook for about one hour. Add salt and pepper just before serving.
|15||1 cup||134||3 g||11 g||14 g|