- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes, not drained
- 3 cups Swiss chard leaves, coarsely chopped
Optional toppings: chopped cilantro, red onions and grated cheese
- Heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add onions, sauté until tender and golden, 7—9 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add squash, chili powder and cumin, combine well and cook 2 minutes. Stir in beans, broth and tomatoes, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until squash is tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in chard; simmer until chard is tender but still bright green, about 4 minutes longer.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and garnish with optional toppings, if desired.
|6||166||6 g||9 g||25 g4 g Fiber|