- Cooking spray
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 pound tofu (firm), mashed or finely chopped
- 3 cups vegetables, chopped (ex: bell pepper, mushroom, tomato)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 6 flour tortillas (preferably whole wheat)
- 3/4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons salsa
- 2 Tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt or light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of cilantro (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a sauté pan to medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and sauté onions and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add tofu crumbles and cumin and cook until lightly brown(about 5 minutes). Add vegetables and cook about 3 minutes or until they become tender.
- Warm tortillas and fill each with 1/6 tofu and vegetable mixture. Top each with 2 Tablespoons cheese, 1 Tablespoon salsa, 1 Tablespoon yogurt, and cilantro and roll into a burrito.
Chef Note: For a meaty texture, freeze the tofu ahead of time. Thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before using and just be sure to drain as much water as you can before using.
|1 burrito per serving||316||22g||12g||33g(8 g fiber)|