- Baking Spray
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (or frozen, thawed and drained)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (zest)
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spray 12-cup regular muffin pan with baking spray.
- Blend together flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl.
- Stir together yogurt, butter, egg, and vanilla in small bowl.
- Pour yogurt mixture into the center of dry ingredients. Stir until just blended, do not over mix. Fold in blueberries and lemon peel.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin cups. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan. Remove from muffin cups, cool on wire rack.
|1 muffin per serving||149||4g||5g||24g( 2g fiber)|