- 1 pound package any pasta
- 2 tsp of canola or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 – 28 oz can whole tomatoes, drained and diced (reserve 1/2 drained juice)
- 1 -15 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low fat mozzarella cheese
- Bring large pot of water to boil and cook pasta until done.
- In a large skillet, heat oil.
- Add onion, pepper, and garlic and cook until soft about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, liquid from can, beans, oregano, and salt. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Mix drained pasta into sauce and toss together.
- Sprinkle cheese over right before you serve.
|Amount of servings||Serving Size||Calories||Fat||Protein||Carbohydrate|
|8||1 cup||337||5g||17 g||61g|