- 1 red cooking apple
- 1 green cooking apple
- 1 red Bartlett pear
- 1 Bosc pear
- 1 green Bartlett pear
- 1/2 cup green seedless grapes
- 1/2 cup red seedless grapes
- 1/2 cup dark raisins
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups unfiltered apple juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Core apples and pears and cut into one inch chunks. Do not peel fruit. Place apples and pears in a large saucepan. Add grapes and raisins, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add apple juice to the pan. This should barely cover the fruit. If not, add more juice or water.
- Bring juice to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the liquid and let fruit cool for about 10 minutes. Add cornstarch to reserved liquid and stir until completely dissolved.
- Pour liquid back into pan and simmer on low, stirring until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.
|Amount of servings||Serving Size||Calories||Fat||Protein||Carbohydrate|
|14||1/2 cup||85||0 g||1 g||22 g|