- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 2 medium or 3 small unpeeled apples, chopped (2 cups)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line muffin tin with paper cups or coat with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, stir flours, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves together.
- In a medium bowl, pour boiling water over apples. Add oil, vanilla, and eggs, mix until combined.
- Pour apple mixture all at once into the flour mixture. Beat with electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute, scraping bowl frequently. Increase speed to medium; beat for 2 minutes, scraping bowl as needed. Spoon batter into cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and the nuts. Sprinkle approximately 1 Tablespoon of the mixture over batter in each cup.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
|Amount/svg||190||5.1 g||3.3 g||32.4 g|