- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 carrots, 1/2 moon cut
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups beef stock or water
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1/2 yellow squash, 1/2 moon cut
- 1/2 zucchini, 1/2 moon cut
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 pound pasta (alphabet shapes are nice)
- 1 16-ounce can red (kidney) beans
- Heat oil and sauté carrots, onion, garlic, celery, parsley, basil and oregano in a heavy soup pot until vegetables are semi-soft.
- Add beef stock, and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, squash, zucchini, peas ,and pasta, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the canned beans and stir well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
|9 servings||1 cup||190||6 g||7 g||28 g|